- 1 (8-ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 2 cups milk (I use whole milk)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 (10-ounce) blocks sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded and divided ( I use one block of Sharp Cheddar and one block of Extra-Sharp Cheddar cheese)
- 1 cup soft plain breadcrumbs ( The recipe suggest homemade breadcrumbs, but I use store bought – not Italian breadcrumbs, just plain)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted (I use butter)
- COOK macaroni according to package directions; drain well. Set aside.
- PLACE milk, flour, and onion salt in a quart jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously 1 minute.
- STIR together flour mixture, 3 1/2 cups cheese, and macaroni.
- POUR macaroni mixture into a lightly greased 13×9 baking dish or 2 (11 inch) oval baking dishes.
- Sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs and remaining 1 cup cheese; drizzle evenly with melted butter.
- BAKE at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown.